There are tens, if not hundreds, of smart products that work with Alexa, and because these devices are so numerous (ranging from smart lights to locks to garage door openers, the list keeps on growing), we have taken the time to categorize them ourselves in an orderly manner.
We picked some of the best Alexa compatible devices across a range of product types and uses, and from the research that was carried out, it became apparent to us that the best smart devices compatible with Alexa are the ones with Alexa originally built in. Some of the best smart products that are compatible with Alexa
It is obvious that smart devices that are compatible with Alexa are way above 50 in number, but in this post, we are focused on giving you 50 of the very best smart products that works with Alexa.
- 50 Best Smart Products That Work With Alexa
- Best Smart Light Bulbs
- Best Smart Thermostats
- 4. Ecobee 5th Generation Thermostat
- Best Smart Security Cameras
- 5. Amazon Cloud Cam
- 6. Arlo Q
- 7. Blink Indoor Security Camera
- Best Smart Power Outlets
- 8. TP-Link HS110 Energy Monitoring Smart Plug
- 9. Amazon Smart Plug
- 10. Wemo WiFi Smart Plug
- Best Smart Light Switches
- 11. Belkin WeMo Light Switch
- 12. iDevices Smart Switch
- 13. Philips Hue Dimmer
- Best Smart Speakers
- 14. The New Amazon Echo
- 15. Sonos Beam
- 16. Amazon Echo (3rd Gen)
- Best Streaming TVs
- 17. The New Amazon Fire TV
- 18. LG C9 OLED TV
- 19. Insignia 4K HDR Fire TVs
- 20. Toshiba Fire TV
- Best Smart Robot Vacuums
- 21. iRobot Roomba 690
- Best Smart Doorbells
- 22. Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus
- Best Smart Locks
- 23. August Smart Lock Pro
- The Best Alexa Compatible DIY Home Security Kits
- 24. Simplisafe Essentials
- Best Smart Covers
- 25. Eight Sleep Jupiter+
- Best Smart Displays
- 26. Amazon Echo Show (2nd gen.)
- 27. Amazon Echo Show 5
- 28. Facebook Portal Plus
- 29. Amazon Echo Show 8
- Best Smartwatches
- 30. Fitbit Versa 2
- 31. Amazfit Verge Smartwatch by Huami
- 32. Wyze Band
- Best Smartphones
- 33. OnePlus 8
- 35. Sony Xperia 1
- 36. Moto G7
- 37. LG G8
- Best Laptops
- 38. Acer Spin 5
- 39. Lenovo Yoga C940
- Best Tablets
- 40. Amazon Fire HD 8
- Best Wireless Earbuds
- 41. Amazon Echo Buds
- Best Car Devices
- 42. Roav Viva by Anker
- Best Wi-Fi Mesh Routers
- 43. Eero Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System
- Best Smart Hubs
- 44. Samsung SmartThings Hub V3
- 45. Amazon Echo Dot
- Best Smart Motion Sensors
- 46. Philips Hue Smart Motion Sensor
- 47. Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor
- Best Smart Garage Door Openers
- 48. NEXX Garage Door Opener Using Smartphone & Remote Control
- 49. Tailwind iQ3 Garage Door Opener
- 50. Genie Aladdin Connect Garage Door Opener
50 Best Smart Products That Work With Alexa
We have categorized the Best smart product that is compatible with Alexa, and they are:
Best Smart Light Bulbs
The Philips Hue light bulbs are well-designed and easy to use, also, they can be controlled with your voice, all thanks to Alexa.
The bulbs can connect to your home’s Wi-Fi through the Philips Hue Bridge, it also has a well-designed and intuitive app, that grants easy access to and control of all the features the Philips Hue light bulbs has to offer.
Features include; scheduling your lights to be turned on at a particular time and ‘away mode’ which turns your lights on when you’re away from home.
The Philips Hue light bulbs offer both color changing and white bulbs for sale, but the color bulbs will cost you more.
To start using the Philip Hue bulbs, it is necessary to purchase the starter kit with the hub first. You can then eventually you can get individual bulbs that are cheap and have your whole home outfitted with them.
The reason for this is that; the hub only comes with the starter kit, so if you purchase the bulbs individually at first, then you can’t make use of them because a hub is necessary for connection.
The Philips Hue Starter Kit with 2 white bulbs cost $69.91 on Amazon
The Philips Hue Starter Kit with 3 color bulbs cost $149.50 on Amazon
Let it be known that, in this day and age, Philip Hue bulbs have cemented themselves as one of the best smart light bulbs on the market.
- Easy to use
- Inexpensive to expand after the initial cost
- A variety of bulbs are available for sale
- High initial cost
2. Lifx Mini
Philips Hue lights are our top pick when it comes to the best Alexa compatible devices, but for you to control them you need to install a bridge.
Lifx Mini isn’t built that way, they can be easily set up and can connect directly to your Wi-Fi network, which enables you to control them.
They are just 2.2 inches long; and will fit in a variety of desk lamps and small light fixtures.
The Lifx Mini is compatible with Alexa so you can turn its lights on and off, set their brightness, color, and schedule using voice commands.
The Lifx mini cost $14.68 at the moment on Amazon.
- No hub required
- Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, and more
- Includes many smart features
- Fits in small lamps
- Some say it is too little
Best Smart Thermostats
3. Ecobee 4
The Ecobee 4 is Alexa friendly, this means that it has Alexa built right into it. It also has a great app that makes it easy to use.
Although the Nest Learning Thermostat is often considered the best smart thermostat, and that might be true, the best smart thermostat that is compatible with Alexa is Ecobee 4.
Of course, the Nest Learning Thermostat still works with Alexa pretty well, But the Ecobee 4 thermostat is even more ‘Alexa friendly.’
Also, the Ecobee 4 is built to adapt to your daily routine and adjust the temperature to suit your needs. Its features include; proximity, motion, humidity, and temperature sensors that help the thermostat determine if you’re home or away.
One of the things that set it apart from some other smart thermostats is that it works well with external sensors, so it can tell what the temperature is in different rooms.
- Excellent smart functionality,
- Alexa built-in,
- It is easy to use
- Its design falls short when compared to Nest.
4. Ecobee 5th Generation Thermostat
Ecobee products are generally Alexa friendly, including the Ecobee 5th generation thermostat. It has Alexa built-in. So, you don’t have to install a separate smart speaker, just to interact with Amazon’s assistant, you can simply use this thermostat to communicate your wishes to Alexa directly.
The Ecobee 5th generation smart thermostat features include; calling, messaging, and Drop-In.
It is also built with a much better speaker and supports Spotify, so it is now ok for playing music if you want it to act as a device that provides some background music. More importantly, the Ecobee 5th generation smart thermostat has been equipped with a redesigned remote sensors that have much better range and longer battery life.
Ecobee 5th generation smart thermostat cost $242.56 on Amazon.
- Full Alexa support
- It Works With other smart assistants like; Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings, Logitech, Wink, IFTTT
- Improved remote sensors
- Works with Spotify
- It is quite large.
- Big bezel
Best Smart Security Cameras
The Amazon Cloud Cam is a security camera that does everything that other high-end cameras do but at a much lesser cost. You don’t need to spend $200 or more on security cameras anymore, the Amazon Cloud Cam cost just $120 and its features include: a clear 1080p video stream, motion detection, Alexa voice control, a 120-degree wide-angle view, two-way audio, and night vision.
You can view security clips on your Amazon devices, here is how; If you own the Echo or Fire TV, then link your security camera to any of them and use voice command to view your cam feeds.
Not only that, you will get alerted via the app whenever motion is detected, so you will see what the cause is.
You can also download, watch, and share all the motion alert video clips that your camera or three cameras captured during the past 24 hours for free. After 24 hours time frame, the clips will be deleted.
The Amazon Cloud Cam has a free subscription and just like other security cams, it charges for access to more features.
It charges $6.99 a month and $69.99 a year.
Once you have subscribed, you get access to the following features; clips that last for seven days, human detection, and the ability to set up zones to reduce unnecessary alerts.
If you want to store your cam feeds for more than a week, then Amazon also offers two additional subscription tiers:
- 14-days worth of clips from five cameras for $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year.
- 30 days worth of clips from 10 cameras for $19.99 a month or $199.99 a year.
The Amazon Cloud Cam cost $119.99 on Amazon.
- Very affordable for a security camera
- 1080p video
- Two-way audio
- Alexa voice control
- It works with Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
- Some privacy concerns
- subscriptions to access more features increase the price.
6. Arlo Q
The Arlo Q is our second choice for the best home security camera compatible with Alexa.
It is very easy to use and comes with 1080p video quality, day or night. It also comes with a 7-day free storage plan, so, even if you don’t sign up for one of Arlo’s security camera cloud storage plans, you’d still have access to it.
Alexa can stream a live feed from the Arlo Q, provided you own an Amazon device with a display, such as the Amazon Echo Show or an Amazon Fire TV. Also, the Arlo Q is an indoor-only camera; so you will only get surveillance within your home.
The Arlo Q cost $74.99 on Amazon.
- Compatibility with Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT
- Cloud Storage: seven days’ footage free; longer periods starting at $10/month
- Sharp 1080p camera
- 130-degree field of view
- 2-way audio
- Indoor use only therefore it is not weather resistant.
- Needs to be plugged in for it to work.
- It is not battery powered
- It has no local storage, only Cloud.
The Amazon-owned Blink security camera is known to be pretty high-quality. Once you have purchased the security cameras either individually or in packs of multiple cameras, they will have access to both Alexa and to the app, which is user-intuitive, well-designed, and generally easy to use.
The Blink indoor security camera is capable of recording video at 720p, which granted, is a little low, but it is also wireless — you can set it on a shelf and forget about long tangled wires fixed all over the place.
The Blink indoor security camera costs $79.99 on Amazon.
- Compatible with Alexa
- Powerful two-year battery life.
- Easy to set up
- Infrared night vision
- Store video clips and photos in the cloud with the Blink Subscription Plan.
- Does not support continuous live feed.
Best Smart Power Outlets
The TP-Link HS110 smart plug is a worthy addition to any smart home and it is also one of the best smart power outlets that are compatible with Alexa.
It is very affordable and it also offers compatibility with other smart assistants as well.
It does not require an additional hub because it is Wi-Fi enabled. You also get access to features such as; scheduling of your appliances, and away mode, via the TP-Link Kasa app.
Moreover, it has the ability to monitor the energy usage of your appliances. The Run time and usage of your appliances for the day which is measured against a seven-day average can be viewed within the app.
The TP-Link HS110 smart plug costs $84.95 on Amazon.
- No hub required
- Energy monitoring included
- Multiple assistants supported
- No two-factor authentication security yet
- It is somewhat large (131g)
The Amazon Smart Plug can control whatever device that is plugged into it just by using your voice, and we have Alexa to thank for this.
It does not take up space when plugged into a dual-outlet and it works exclusively with Alexa.
The Amazon Smart Plug costs $24.99 on Amazon.
No doubt the Amazon Smart Plug is one of the best smart switches on the market.
- It is very well-designed
- It works with a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.
- It is not pricey.
- It works with only Alexa
- It does not track energy usage.
- For indoor use only
The Wemo WiFi Smart Plug is our second choice among the best smart power outlet and it remains one of the best Alexa compatible devices under $30.
It also works with all the major smart assistants.
The Wemo Wifi smart plug comes with an ‘Away Mode’ feature which turns on your lights when you are not home.
It doesn’t have energy monitoring like some other smart plugs, but it has a physical switch, that allows you to turn your appliance on or off; if you don’t want to ask Alexa to do it for you.
The Wemo WiFi Smart Plug costs $24.99 on Amazon.
- It works with Alexa, Google Assistant, HomeKit, IFTTT
- Improved footprint
- Physical control button.
- It doesn’t have energy monitoring like some other smart plugs
- Not compatible with 5Ghz Wi-Fi
Best Smart Light Switches
The Belkin WeMo light switch functions with the WeMo app and can connect to smart home devices like Alexa and IFTTT. Then, you can automate and control your lights using the app or voice commands.
The Belkin WeMo dimmable light switch costs $46.21 on Amazon.
The Belkin WeMo non-dimmable light switch costs $35.33 on Amazon.
- Easy to use
- It also makes your dumb lights smart.
- Compatible with a wide range of smart home systems.
- A little pricey.
Here is everything you need to know about this smart light switch:
- It is valued at $73.55 on Amazon.
- Voice Commands: It responds to Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant voice commands
- It Can Grant You Access Anywhere: This smart switch can control your home’s lighting from anywhere using any iOS/Android device and the iDevices Connected app, no hub, or additional hardware required. Note that, it is not compatible with ceiling fans or ceiling fan lights
- Seamless Control: Dimmer Switch works in single pole, 3- and 4-way setups. In a 3- and 4-way setup, all secondary switches must also be a iDevices Dimmer Switch, which pair via Bluetooth for a simple and seamless connection. Bluetooth connection distance may vary based on environmental factors
- IT Functions With IFTTT: You can accomplish even more with Dimmer Switch by connecting to hundreds of apps and web services for the whole home automation
- It has a 2-Year Warranty Period.
This smart light switch is not only the least expensive option, but it is also the easiest to install amongst its peers. All you need to do is; merely attach it to the wall and, it is ready for use — no wiring necessary.
On the plus side, it can also act as a remote control, you can pop it off and voila, it becomes a remote control!
However, the catch to this is that; you will have to remember to leave your regular light switch in the ‘on’ direction.
It cost $21.44 on Amazon.
Note that this is the most suitable for users who still have Philips Hue lights and don’t want to replace their wall switches.
Best Smart Speakers
The updated model of Amazon Echo costs a lot less than the original but is the best one you can buy.
The new Amazon Echo has 15,000+ skills, supports dozens of smart home products, and works with a lot of apps. It even supports making orders on Amazon with your voice.
The Echo supports more smart home devices than any other smart speaker currently and it is also a fact that Alexa can check the weather, tell you the soccer score, read your recipes, play audio news shows, look up local businesses, and accomplish just about any basic task that comes to mind. Alexa can even order you a Lyft to the airport and also read out your text messages.
- Very strong speaker
- You can buy things on Amazon
- Best smart home support
- Cool design
- Great voice recognition feature
- Huge support network
- 15,000+ skills and counting.
- Some limits to the search.
15. Sonos Beam
The Sonos Beam soundbar Is our second choice for the best Alexa compatible smart speaker because it is already integrated with Alexa.
This device has an HDMI ARC port, which helps sync the speaker’s audio to your TV, and not just that, it is also a smart speaker equipped with four full-range woofers.
You can use this 26 inches wide and 4 inches deep Beam to play music even when your TV is turned off, and you can also stream from hundreds of sources via the Sonos app.
- It is easy to setup
- Alexa is in-built
- Wide soundstage.
- The Bass lacks detail
- It is not equipped with Bluetooth audio.
The Amazon Echo (3rd Gen) is an Alexa smart speaker that has a great sound but at an affordable price. It has Alexa built-in and has a softer look compared to the previous models.
If you are concerned about your privacy, then the Amazon Echo (3rd Gen) might just be what you are looking for as it does not have a camera or screen.
Connectivity with other Echo devices is a given, it is possible to connect two of these devices to create a stereo pairing, and you can also make connections with your Fire TV for enhanced audio performance while watching movies.
- Improved sound architecture
- Softer new design
- Can pair with another Echo or Fire TV for stereo sound
- Gorgeous new color options
- No screen or video calling
- Expensive compared to other models.
Best Streaming TVs
Amazon recently released a brand-new Fire TV that streams videos in 4K Ultra HD and is equipped with HDR support. It is plugged into the HDMI port in the back of your TV and comes with remote control for easy access to features such as; play, pause, stop, volume up/down, and more. You could decide to do it yourself or you could ask Alexa to do them all for you.
This brand new Fire TV supports Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, HBO, and many other video streaming apps. You can also get all your favorite apps on it to watch shows on SlingTV, PBS, and more.
Fire TV is part of Amazon’s ecosystem, therefore it effortlessly works with Alexa voice controls.
The streaming stick is equipped with a faster processor and 802.11ac Wi-Fi to ensure your TV streams smoothly without any annoying glitches. Therefore, as long as your Wi-Fi is good, you shouldn’t have a problem.
- It streams videos in 4K ultra Hd,
- It supports Alexa voice control,
- It is affordable,
- It is easy to use.
- Pricier than budget sticks
- It currently lacks 4k contents.
18. LG C9 OLED TV
LG’s C9 OLED TV comes with an impressive display in a super-sleek design and what makes this one of the best Alexa compatible devices is that Amazon’s assistant is built-in, which enables you to turn your TV on and off, adjust the brightness, switch channels, change volume, and even initiate YouTube streaming using just your voice.
This smart 4K Tv set also supports Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, as well as HDMI 2.1.
Amazingly, LG’s ThinQ AI makes this set truly smart and the C9 supports Google Assistant as well as others.
- Impeccable OLED display
- Great sound
- Solid smart-TV features
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa built-in.
- It is Expensive
The Insignia Fire TV 4K is among a growing number of products that are manufactured with Alexa built-in.
Its features include; voice-control with an Alexa voice remote, more than eight million pixels, and multiple inputs and outputs, with three HDMI ports (one with ARC).
Best of all, it comes in 43-inch and 50-inch versions.
- Voice remote with Alexa
- Offers high dynamic range (HDR) content on your TV
- Great picture quality.
- Easy to set up.
- Complaints have been made about their support.
- Complaints about damaged delivery.
20. Toshiba Fire TV
The Toshiba Fire Tv is a pretty powerful 4K Smart TV that is 50-inch in size and comes with Alexa built right in.
One special feature about the Toshiba Fire TV is that; you do not even have to use one of its HDMI ports for access. It comes equipped with a unique hybrid remote of its own.
This brand-new model comes with Dolby Vision HDR and processes audio using high-tech DTS Virtual X. All of these are features that a few other Toshiba Fire TVs don’t have.
- Great picture quality
- Voice control with Alexa
- Easy to set up.
- Complaints about damaged delivery.
Best Smart Robot Vacuums
The iRobot Roomba 690 is a robot vacuum cleaner that sucks up dirt and debris, costs less than high-end bots, and responds to voice commands, in a nutshell.
The Roomba 690 can clean carpet, rugs, tile, hardwood, and laminate floors, it can also navigate around obstacles such as furniture, clutter, and other objects without any problems.
There are exciting features available to you via the app like introductory videos with tips to help you get started, voice control with Alexa, a spinning side brush, scheduling cleaning times, and setting up barriers so it doesn’t clean the wrong room.
- It is affordable for a smart robot vacuum
- It supports Alexa voice control
- It can be controlled by the app
- It can also be programmed.
- Not as powerful as high-end models
- It does not clean the whole house at once like the iRobot Roomba 960
Best Smart Doorbells
Ring Video Doorbell is one of the best smart doorbells that are compatible with Alexa and this is because of its Alexa integration.
Amazon owns Ring, so it is not a surprise that their products have Alexa inbuilt.
Ring video doorbell alerts owners to the presence of people at your door or around the front vicinity of your own home via live and recorded video feeds
Its features include a removable battery, 1080p video quality, Motion detection alerts, the ability to block out zones, a mandatory two-factor authentication to prevent hackers from hacking your security cameras.
Ring also sells a Chime Pro ($55), which functions as a range extender, as well as boosting the volume of the Chime.
- New Pre-roll footage
- It has Alexa built-in
- It has a great video quality
- Two-way audio
- Live video feed on display
- Wifi: Dual-Band 2.4GHz & 5GHz.
- Ring Plus subscription required for video/photo recording
Best Smart Locks
The August Smart Lock Pro was one of the first-ever smart locks to work with Alexa, and they are rated as one of the top Alexa compatible devices in this field.
Its connect accessory feature makes it possible to link your lock with Alexa. Also, you do not need to purchase the Connect Wi-Fi bridge separately unlike the $119 August Smart Lock model.
The August Smart Lock Pro costs $219.19 on Amazon.
- It is easy to install
- It works with HomeKit, Alexa, Google Assistant, Z-Wave, Nest, IFTTT.
- It has Flexible settings
- It can connect over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Z-Wave Plus
- It has Convenient Auto-Lock and Auto-Unlock features.
- No built-in alarm.
The Best Alexa Compatible DIY Home Security Kits
SimpliSafe is a DIY home security system and our choice for the best DIY home security that is compatible with Alexa.
The Simplisafe system can be armed using Amazon’s assistant even as you leave your home.
It comes with its own smart lock—and offers optional professional monitoring for a reasonable price.
SimpliSafe’s professional features include; a base station, a keypad, three-door or window sensors, and a motion detector; you can choose to purchase additional sensors if you so desire.
Subscription fees start at $15/month, and if you want additional features such as smart home connectivity with Alexa, August, and Google Assistant, the fee rises to $25 per month.
The Simplisafe Essentials cost around $200.
- It is easy to install
- It is compatible with Alexa, Nest, IFTTT
- It has Cellular Backup and Battery Backup
- Keypad remote is familiar
- The alarm is very loud.
- Limited third-party device support
- Remote access available only with professional monitoring.
Best Smart Covers
Eight Sleep is a smart bedding company that ships its mattresses with a smart cover that tracks your sleep and acts as a mattress warmer.
It is compatible with Alexa and can do a range of things like, asking Alexa about your sleep score, you can tell it to start heating the mattress before you get in bed, and it is great for couples too — it can track two sides of your bed independently and even heat only one side of the bed; if that is what you desire.
The Eight Sleep Jupiter+ costs $1,099.
- Works with Alexa
- Automatic cooling and heating between 55 – 110F
- Track your sleep and health
- Support your body in all positions
- Access to coaching insights and meditation tools
- 10-year warranty.
- Frequent complaints about customer service.
Best Smart Displays
The Echo Show is known as the best multifunctional smart display with access to Alexa and the rest of Amazon’s best services, for quite some time now.
It has several functions, for instance, it can be used as a camera for surveillance or to stream music and video from Amazon Prime services or perhaps you can use the 5MP camera, which is perfect for video calls, it is entirely your choice.
That is not all, it can also be paired with your Ring devices if you own one and can even substitute as a security camera.
The Echo Show (2nd gen) costs $229.99 on Amazon.
- Built-in Amazon Alexa
- Smart home hub
- Stereo speakers
- 10.1-inch HD touchscreen display
- 5MP camera
- Microphone/camera off button.
- Customer service response can be slow sometimes.
The Echo Show 5 comes in a convenient size and stands out from other smart displays because of its versatility and value.
It is a multifunctional smart display device that includes all of the headlining features such as, a camera, Alexa in-built support, and touchscreen display at a reasonably low price. Plus, it is equipped with an optional clock display that beautifies it and its compact size can easily be handled without any complications.
The Amazon Echo Show 5 costs $74.99 on Amazon.
- Built-in Amazon Alexa
- Mono speaker
- 5.5-inch touchscreen display
- 1MP camera with privacy shutter
- Microphone/camera off button.
- Full of home screen ads you can not put off.
Facebook has a smart display known as the Portal Plus. It is compatible with Alexa, and has its own AI you can summon with “Hey Portal.”
Portal Plus is one of a kind because of its smart camera, Portal boasts a lens of 12MP sensor with a 140-degree field of view that automatically follows people around your room, it can also shift to either focus on a speaker or to include all the faces in your room for instance. Another thing Portal Plus is capable of doing is to amplify your voice from across the room.
Lastly, Portal Plus is equipped with a 15.6-inch 1080p touch display, that enables rotation between landscape and portrait modes which helps you to see whoever is calling.
The Portal Plus is a wonderful device with a powerful sound, all thanks to the two 10W drivers and two 20W tweeters with a 4-inch bass, it comes with. It is available on Amazon, and trust me when I say that it is worth every dollar.
- Works with Alexa
- 140-degree field of view
- Warranty and support.
- Might be considered quite pricey.
This is the latest smart display in the Echo generation series. It comes equipped with Amazon’s Alexa built-in, hence, it works with smart home devices like the Ring Video Doorbell.
Also, with its 8-inch HD screen, 1280 x 800-pixel resolution, a 1MP front-facing video camera, and a built-in stereo sound with two 2-inch speakers, the Amazon Echo Show 8 is reliable for video calling friends and family members using either another Echo Show or the Alexa app.
If you are concerned about your privacy, you do not need to worry because the camera comes with a built-in shutter for privacy and if that’s not enough, there is always the option of disconnecting the two far-field microphones with the press of a button.
- Alexa built-in
- Alexa kid-friendly
- Great display
- Affordable price
- Privacy protection.
- Not so great camera.
30. Fitbit Versa 2
Fitbit Versa 2 is a smartwatch that has Alexa built-in. This is a sequel to the Versa smartwatch that launched in 2018, the added features include, built-in Amazon Alexa voice control, a more refined design, longer battery life, an AMOLED display over LCD, an ‘Always On Display’ mode, and increased screen size.
Some other renovations such as; the Smart Alarms, Sleep Mode, and Sleep Score were added to the Fitbit software features, along with third-party app support for Spotify.
You can activate Amazon Alexa voice control by pressing and holding the button on the left of the Versa 2’s screen, after which you can ask Alexa any question you like. For instance, it could be a question on what the weather is like that day, or how many calories are in an avocado, among other things.
- Fitbit Pay.
- Amazon Alexa
- PurePulse heart rate tracking.
- Automatic exercise recognition for up to 15 exercises.
- Automatic activity and sleep tracking.
- Swim proof up to 5ATM.
- Attractive AMOLED screen with always-on option.
- Long battery life.
- The screen isn’t quite as bright as the original model.
- Alexa responses are text only.
The Amazfit Verge smartwatch works with iPhones and Android phones alike, and it comes with Amazon’s Alexa built-in.
Its features include; heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, GPS, IP68 waterproofing, and long battery life: It lasts for 5 days on a single charge or even more according to the reviews on Amazon.
It can also analyze your sleep patterns, such that it measures total sleep, light sleep, deep sleep, and awake times.
- It has Alexa built-in
- Heart rate monitor
- Analyze your sleep patterns
- IP68 waterproofing
- 5gb ram space
- Long battery life.
- It does not have a geometric function
- No customer support.
32. Wyze Band
Wyze is a company that is popularly known for producing insanely cheap yet amazingly good smart home devices. Their products such as the Wyze Cam, Cam Pan, the company’s smart bulb, and Cam Outdoor are one of the best devices you can buy at an affordable price.
It is very comfortable and stylish, with a customizable AMOLED display.
It also has an app on the device that allows you to control your other Wyze smart home gadgets with just a tap of the wrist, and you can also summon Alexa for information and to perform various tasks.
- Up to two weeks of battery life
- Control smart home devices from your wrist
- Customizable AMOLED display
- Alexa built-in.
- Changing bands can be a pain
- Not great for social competitions or fitness app integrations
- Only has one sport mode: running
- The app needs to be running in the background for smart features to work.
33. OnePlus 8
This is one of the best Alexa Built-in phones you can buy. It is a very capable flagship Android phone that comes with a whole lot of features for its users.
The OnePlus 8 has a 6.55-inch AMOLED panel display, with a buttery smooth 90Hz refresh rate. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, along with up to 12GB of RAM. It also offers up to 256GB of storage, a 4,300 mAh battery, very reliable cameras, as well as, OnePlus’s excellent 30W wired charging.
- AMOLED 90Hz display
- Flagship performance
- Stunning design
- Solid rear cameras
- OxygenOS is fast and feature-rich
- No wireless charging
- Doesn’t have a water-resistance rating.
The Motorola One Action comes with Alexa built-in and a 21: 9 aspect ratio, which is great for watching movies or can also function as a viewfinder for its impressive triple camera system.
It sports an Android 9 Pie phone version as well as a nice and small selfie-cam cutout on the front; so that you can maximize the intricate 6.3-inch display.
- Easy Alexa access with a double-tap of the power button
- A unique and powerful camera
- NFC for mobile payments
- Works on all U.S. carriers.
- 21:9 aspect ratio form factor may be awkward
- Comes with Android 9 Pie, which is not the latest.
35. Sony Xperia 1
The Sony Xperia 1 can be termed as the underdog in this category. With its tall 21:9 display, a large 6.5-inch size, and full 4K resolution, this Alexa built-in smartphone is regarded as one of the best smartphone displays you can find.
Its cameras come with a combination of three sensors, which are, a 12MP primary camera, 12MP telephoto camera, and 12MP ultra-wide camera. It also sports a Snapdragon 855 processor, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of expandable storage, and a 3,300 mAh battery.
- Downright gorgeous display
- Triple cameras are fantastic
- Buttery performance
- Long battery life
- IP68 water-resistance
- Lacks wireless charging
36. Moto G7
The Moto G7 comes with a sleek glass design, which gives it a nice premium feel at an affordable price.
It is equipped with a 6.2-inch Full HD+ display, that ensures all of your apps and games, look sharp and colorful. The dual 12MP + 5MP rear camera it has, ensure that your pictures are really good.
The G7 now runs on Android 10 and it is sure to offer you a great software experience.
- Build quality is great
- A large and colorful display
- Cameras are pretty decent
- Works with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon
- Alexa access is hands-free
- Doesn’t have NFC
37. LG G8
The LG G8 is more of a flagship phone with Alexa built-in. It comes equipped with a 6.1-inch OLED display, a resolution of 3120 x 1440, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of expandable storage, and a decently-sized 3,500 mAh battery.
It also features a Hi-Fi Quad DAC with its 3.5mm headphone jack, a Meridian tuning, Qualcomm’s aptX HD audio codec, and support for MQA. All these features and more makes the LG G8 one of the best smartphones to buy.
- Sleek design
- High-res OLED display
- 3.5mm headphone jack with Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- Flagship performance
- Alexa is hands-free
- LG is bad at software updates
- Only works on AT&T and T-Mobile networks
38. Acer Spin 5
The Acer Spin 5 is a convertible laptop that is equipped with a lot of awesome features, such as; a tenth-generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 processor, dedicated Intel Iris Plus GPU, and a 13.5-inch 2K display. It has Alexa built-in and this integration ensures that you can control your smart home products, create lists, check your calendar, and achieve much more from your computer.
It also has four built-in microphones that aid Alexa in understanding your words, it boasts of 15 hours of battery life and lastly, it has a great look with its slimline, steel gray frame.
- Alexa built-in
- 13.5-inch 2K display
- Tenth-generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 processor
- Long battery life
- It’s a bit expensive.
39. Lenovo Yoga C940
The Lenovo Yoga C940 is a 14-inch laptop that is integrated with Amazon’s Alexa. It has been enhanced to work like a smartphone in certain ways. For instance, it can perform tasks and do things in the background such as; receiving emails even when in sleep mode. It also supports talking to Alexa even when the laptop is locked or in sleep mode.
Its features include; A Super-Resolution that is designed to upscale your video to Full HD, a Q-Control system for dynamically and intelligently improving battery life, and AI-improved thermal cooling systems.
- 9th generation Intel Core i9 CPU
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 GPU
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- 2TB PCIe SSD
- 15.6-inch 4K VESA display with 500 nits brightness
- 2 x USB-C DisplayPort, 1 x USB 3.1
- WiFi 6 (2×2 802.11 ax) connectivity
- It is a bit pricey.
40. Amazon Fire HD 8
The Amazon Fire HD 8 offers you hands-free access to Alexa, an HD screen, front and rear-facing cameras, expandable storage, and an easy onramp to all of the great content in the Amazon ecosystem, all at a great price.
It has a battery life that will last you up to 12 hours on a single charge and it has other great features that are sure to keep you occupied; Although, I think it’s fair you know that it does not support Google apps.
The Amazon Fire HD 8 costs $79.99 on Amazon.
- The sweet spot of screen size and portability
- Full HD screen
- Best-in-class family controls
- Great battery life
- Multi-user support
- Expandable storage up to 1TB
- Doesn’t accept Google apps
- Doesn’t have all the features of HD 8 Plus
Best Wireless Earbuds
41. Amazon Echo Buds
The Amazon Echo Buds offers you hands-free access to Alexa, active noise reduction (ANR), a customizable Passthrough mode that lets you allow noises from the outside world instead of taking the buds out of your ears, easy access to Google Assistant or Siri, and a lasting battery life of about 4-5 hours after charge, plus 20 with the case.
These features are great and you’d be getting great-sounding earbuds with Alexa built-in for less than what competitors are charging for their versions.
- Affordable truly wireless earbuds
- Great hands-free Alexa support
- ANR and Passthrough modes
- Can map Google Assistant or Siri to touch controls
- Charges via outdated Micro-USB
- The battery on buds could be better
- No wireless charging for case
- Case feels cheap
Best Car Devices
The Roav Viva is a little accessory that is plugged into the power/cigarette lighter port in most cars. It has two USB-A charging ports that can be used to keep your phones or other devices charged while driving, and it also allows you to communicate with Alexa hands-free.
Although, you have to fulfill one condition before you can use Alexa and that is to download the Roav app and connect it to your Amazon account; before you can use it.
The Roav Viva is cheaper than Amazon’s own Echo Auto product and it is arguably better-looking and easier to mount in your car. The main downside to this device is that it takes up to 90 seconds after starting your car for Alexa to be ready, and this is due to it being a third-party device that has its app rather than relying on Amazon’s.
- Half the price of Echo Auto
- Plugs right into power port so no need for loose cord/clip
- Two USB-A chargers built-in
- Bluetooth connection can be finicky
- May not fit well in all vehicles
- Requires a third-party app
Best Wi-Fi Mesh Routers
The job of a router is to spread out your Wi-Fi signal to the parts of the home that need it most, which can make a big difference if the device you want to boost is separated from your router, or if you’re sharing your bandwidth with other family members.
The integration with Alexa enables Eero owners to control different aspects of their home network, including opening and closing guest networks and providing threat scans and ad-blocking.
- Great app with easy setup
- 1500 square feet of coverage per unit
- Family profiles and system reports
- Eero Secure benefits
- No desktop controls
- Not the fastest router on its own
- Can have a shaky connection with some devices
Best Smart Hubs
The third-generation Samsung SmartThings hub comes with both Zigbee and Z-Wave and has Wi-Fi built-in, so it has no use for your router since it can be placed in a position that is optimal for connecting it to all of the smart home devices.
You can also use the SmartThings app to create a wide range of different scenarios for all of the gadgets in your home.
Know that, unlike the previous model, it no longer has a battery backup, so, if your power goes out, you wouldn’t be able to put on your lights.
- Wi-Fi makes installing this hub easier
- Allows for more automation than other hubs
- Works with Zigbee and Z-Wave devices
- Doesn’t integrate with Nest
- Difficult to upgrade from the older hub
- No battery backup.
45. Amazon Echo Dot
The Echo Dot is an inexpensive investment for those just getting into smart home automation. You can purchase this device at just half the price of what most of the other smart home hubs charge.
Although; it lacks Zigbee or Z-Wave to carry out something, you can still create some surprisingly powerful routines via the Alexa app. For instance, the Alexa Guard can activate smart home devices if it hears fire alarms or glass breaking.
In addition to this, it can turn your lights and other devices on and off, it can read news headlines, weather reports, sports scores, and several other things too.
- Nice design
- Vastly improved audio compared to the previous models.
- Can’t change its look
- Doesn’t get loud
- No battery backup.
Best Smart Motion Sensors
The Philips Hue smart motion sensor is one of the most advanced smart motion sensors on the market.
The Philips Hue Smart Motion Sensor is best suited for use when paired to an existing Hue lighting setup in your home.
When motion is detected, it triggers your compatible Philips Hue lighting, the lights turn on in response to the motion detected and then turn off again when everything becomes still.
It is wireless and runs on two AAA batteries, therefore, it can be placed anywhere in your home without worrying about wires, additional connection, fitting, and power leads.
It requires the Hue hub to function and cannot work without it.
Its features include compatibility with iOS and Android devices (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant).
- Works with voice control and smart speakers
- Day and night setting with integrated daylight sensor
- Can be placed anywhere
- It relies heavily on Philips Hue Bridge.
Samsung’s SmartThings motion sensor is widely considered as one of the best in the business. This brand has established a well-deserved reputation as one of the leading platforms for smart home connectivity with various smart devices.
Many things make the SmartThings Motion Sensor stand out from its peers and one of them is the wide-ranging compatibility offered by the device.
This motion detection sensor boasts of a range of up to 15 feet with a 120-degree field of view, which makes the SmartThings Motion Sensor a good option for setups in multiple indoor locations and it also has the ability to receive 24/7 notifications if unexpected movements are detected. Sure, this increases your smart home security by a notch.
Samsung’s SmartThings is also compatible with Google, Alexa, and of course, other Samsung SmartThings devices.
It can work with both Z-Wave and ZigBee and It cost $20 on Amazon.
- Very budget-friendly option.
- It works well with both Z-Wave and ZigBee.
- It is compatible with Alexa and Google’s assistant.
- Application use is slightly complex.
Best Smart Garage Door Openers
First of all, this garage door opener actually works with Alexa AND Google Home without any reservations. Voice commands can be used to open and close your garage door, although the set up can be a bit tricky, as you have to run a wire from your garage door to the garage door opener.
If you own a Nexx garage door opener, you’d be able to permit multiple users, and also a calendar in the app lets you see when the door was opened, and by whom. It comes with a feature known as ‘Just Drive’ which uses geofencing to detect when you are close to your home, and will automatically open the garage door should you want it to be so.
- Simple app and hardware design
- Can manage multiple users
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Frustrating setup
- Parts in the box don’t match the instruction guide or website
The Tailwind iQ3 smart garage door opener works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, SmartThings, and IFTTT. It is known to be a very reliable device that can control up to three garage doors at a time.
The Tailwind iQ3 has a unique feature that involves a connection between your Android device and your car’s Bluetooth which can trigger your garage door to open and close automatically when you arrive or leave home.
- It has Alexa and Google Home integration
- Can sense when you arrive or leave.
- Customizable features.
- It is not compatible with Homekit so, for iPhone users to effectively make use of it, they will require a car sensor.
- Installation of wires can be a bit of a hassle thereby making its installation unintuitive.
- The range at which the garage door opener activates cannot be adjusted.
- Some openers require an additional adapter
The Genie Aladdin Connect is capable of controlling up to three garage doors at a time. It is compatible with Alexa, and Google Assistant.
Its setup is quite simple and you can control your garage door via an app. Not only that, but it is possible to add up to 19 virtual keys to give others access, and control the garage door from your smartwatch.
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- It can be controlled from the App and Smartwatch.
- It is a bit pricey.
So, there you have it! Our list of the 50 best smart products that work with Alexa. We have listed the very best products, as the list of compatible products in the market is quite exhaustive. With this, we trust that your search for compatible products with your Alexa-powered home is made much easier. We look forward to your comments and suggestions on our list. Are there any products you feel should have made the list? Let us know, and we’ll be sure to look them up. Happy holidays!